Already worth over $3 billion in 2020, the audiobook market is on track to reach double that number by 2022. And the best part is that the market shows no signs of slowing down.
Entrepreneurs throughout the world are taking note of this opportunity. Many training courses have been created to teach writers how they can earn money from their audiobooks.
And among them, I’ve found the Mikkelsen twins’ Audiobook Income Academy. In today’s review, you’ll learn:
- What’s their program about
- What do they offer
- What’s included
- And if you can really achieve success selling audiobooks in 2021, among other things!
Let’s get started.
What’s the Audiobook Income Academy 2.0?
You probably didn’t know, but with the right tools and guidance, you can build a profitable publishing business on Amazon.
In the Audiobook Income Academy 2.0, you will learn how to create a recurring income stream from audiobooks and build a lasting and scalable online business with royalties.
Who Are Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen?
Mostly known as “the Mikkelsen twins”, these guys are the founders of the Audiobook Income Academy program.
There isn’t much information about them on the internet, besides some videos about traveling, making money online or self-publishing audiobooks on their Youtube channel.
Over there, they currently have almost 52,000 followers -which isn’t a small audience, so I guess they should be providing some value.
Audiobook Income Academy 2.0 Review – Course Outline
This course walks you through how to make money with audiobooks on Amazon. They also give you some bonuses, too.
Here’s the course outline:
Week 1: Millionaire Mindset
Look, I’m going to be honest. I’m very skeptical when it comes to mindset training within this type of course. I’m not a big fan of this type of introductory section, because it doesn’t add much to the course.
But according to the Audiobook Income Academy 2.0, during your first week, you will learn to successfully develop the right mindset to build your audiobook empire with ease.
Week 2: Picking Your Niche
In the audiobook business, choosing your niche means specializing in a specific branch or category genre, such as horror.
During week 2, the Mikkelsen brothers will help you narrow your audience and set up your publishing Amazon accounts.
Week 3: Creating Your Audiobook
There is a ton of content this week that’s going to help you get started with your product. This third part goes into the nitty-gritty of how to write and create your audiobook.
- How to create and edit audiobook chapters and tracks
- How to create an outline for your book
- How to outsource for copywriting
- How to record, edit and mix your audiobook
- How to upload and format your audiobook for Amazon
- How to promote your audiobook on social media
- How to get closer to your potential customers
Week 4: Growing Your Audience
Once you’ve created your audiobook and set up your sales funnel, week 4 is the right time to start promoting it.
These are some of the topics covered in this section: sales funnels, lead magnets, email threads, and Facebook communities.
Week 5: Launch Week
The launch week is the most important week of your audiobook’s sales cycle. You have to market it aggressively if you want to sell copies consistently over time.
During week 5, you will learn to develop different sales strategies and show your audiobook to the world. If you’ve done a good job in week four, you’ve created some buzz around your product and people will be eagerly awaiting it.
Week 6: Audiobook Promotion (Amazon Ads)
Week 6 is all about paid traffic. You will learn how to use Amazon ads to attract people to your funnel and acquire new customers. If you want to earn extra income, take notes throughout this week!
Week 7: Next Level Publishing
In this section, they’ll cover the previous Amazon Ads section in more depth. They can be wasteful and annoying if not set up correctly. But, if done correctly, they can become a lucrative centerpiece of your funnel.
Finally, they will guide you on how to keep up with the constant changes in Amazon’s algorithms and maximize your profits without breaking the bank.
The Audiobook Income Academy 2.0 package includes some interesting and useful bonuses. Here I’ve gathered a shortlist. Take a look:
- 1 to 1 coaching and mentoring: You’ll get access to 4 calls with the Mikkelsen twins so they can answer any questions you may have and provide you guidance and support through your learning journey.
- Group calls with your “classmates”: Every Monday, for 2 hours, the Audiobook Income Academy’s students meet on a Zoom call to the network and meet with other like-minded individuals.
- Access to their private community: In there, you can ask questions to former students who’ve been where you are (and are now supposedly making 6-figures a month), and get an answer in less than 1 hour.
- List of the 50 Best Tested & Trending Niches: There are 50 niches that you can choose from, and all of them have been tested and come with an up-to-date report on how profitable they are.
- List of top experts for outsourcing: They will make a list of the best professionals in your industry and give you their contacts; writers and storytellers to book cover designers. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s not a gift -you’ll have to pay an extra for this.
- 10K Case Study: Here you’ll find the results of the so-called “alumni” who are currently earning more than $10k per month.
- Low-content Kickstarter: And last but not least, you’ll learn how to create short audiobooks that earn you quick money.
Pros and Cons
- Audiobook Income Academy is a well-structured course
- The content they cover is quite valuable, and they provide a lot of bonuses for their students.
- They have a special money-back guarantee. In the first six months with them, you will make $5,000 or you’ll get your money back.
- This course has a high price tag.
- Even though the information inside the course is valuable, you won’t learn anything new.
- If you want to run an audiobooks business, you’ll need enough money to spend upfront, and it may take years before it pays off.
Do they offer a refund policy?
That’s right, they do. Although Audiobook Income Academy’s refund policy is somewhat peculiar.
In the first six months, they guarantee that you will get $5,000 in benefits. If not, they will give you your money back and another $1000 just for trying it. Hard to believe, right?
Can you really make money creating audiobooks?
Well, there seems to be a lot of people on the course making money, but I’m not sure how.
I honestly don’t like their system.
The business model is simple – find a niche that is profitable and then cash in. But to be successful in creating audiobooks you need to be able to spend at least $1000 or more before you see any revenue -and it may take years before you can get enough customers to make this model pay off.
Sum Up: Do I recommend the Audiobook Income Academy?
I think the Audiobook Income Academy is a well-structured course – each week focusing on a different aspect of the self-publishing process.
Also, all the information is valuable, and it comes with a bunch of extra bonuses… but there are no new, revolutionary features.
When considering the value of an online course, I think about what I would be willing to pay for it. And the way I see it, the Audiobook Income Academy price tag of $1,497 it’s a lot of money.
There are so many other courses out there that train people for half the price in much more profitable Amazon markets.
If you’re serious about making money online but don’t have that much money to pay upfront, this course is definitely not for you.